Skip to main content

Back again but this time C3 protected

My last blog post was more than a year ago.
A lot has changed since then and a prominent change among it is the fact that I'm no longer a student.
This may quite be my deciding post here, I always wondered where my blog will lead,a technical or a non-technical one. And today I'm quite sure its going to be a non-technical one.
Though hopefully tonight I'll start my own blog in my own TLD with a host of other things I've always planned but never got the urge or resources to execute.

I love google and in that sense blogpost too so this will still be my web-log of the mundane things I'll be compelled to do from now on.

The C3 protected tag may instigate many of you. And i'm sure if you just google it you'll find the relevance.

Blogging was always more of a side hobby and now it'll be a part time compulsion too.
Hope I'll enjoy that.

Hope my next post will be from Kolkata itself, not some god forsaken place.

Comments

  1. Its always cool reading your non-technical stuff, because I am sure the technical ones would surely go over my head. Hows Kolkata going? Anything new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P

    Nothing new except I can be called a Counter Strike player in making now :P

    We are playing it quite often (right now too).

    So how are you?
    And I'll be updating this blog a bit frequently now-a-days I think :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Racecraft (Project Koru) · Prologue — The Origin Story

Racecraft · Prologue , The Origin Story It Started With a Wine List and a Question About Racing How a happy-hour conversation in the Bay Area turned into a trustable AI race coach , and then into a second version that runs entirely on a phone, on the NPU. This is the prologue to a five-part series. Two years ago(1st November, 2024) I was in the Bay Area for a GDE Summit. If you've never been: it's a couple of days of talks among Google Developer Experts, the kind of people who get unreasonably excited about a new on-device runtime, and then , mercifully , a happy hour where everyone stops performing and just eats. We ended up at a restaurant(Puesto Santa Clara), a long table of GDEs, and I was doing the most important engineering of the evening: trying to decide which wine to order. Across the table was Ajeet Mirwani . I don't even remember how the wine talk turned into racing talk , these things drift , but the moment the word "racing" ...

The Throughput Trap: Benchmarking vLLM on OpenXLA and the Reality of Production LLM Serving

vLLM Systems · DevLab 2026, Deep Dive I was recently invited by the Google TPU team to speak at the OpenXLA Summer DevLab 2026 . This post breaks down our deep-dive evaluation of the matured vLLM + OpenXLA stack, the fundamental engineering mismatches between CUDA and XLA serving paths, and why traditional capacity metrics are lying to you. If you are operating large language models at enterprise scale right now, your platform architecture team is likely staring at a massive infrastructure crossroads: Should we migrate our core serving workloads from GPUs to TPUs? Historically, NVIDIA's CUDA ecosystem was the only serious option for user-facing, low-latency LLM generation. But here in 2026, the economics and infrastructure options have transformed. Google TPUs are highly available, cheaper per chip, and the open-source serving stack built around vLLM and OpenXLA has officially achieved absolute production readiness. Yet, when our infrast...

A Split‑Brain Neuro‑Symbolic Training Method for High‑Velocity Autonomous Coaching from Telemetry

 Author: Rabimba Karanjai Scope: Problem statement + data methodology + model training (no deployment discussion) Abstract Real‑time coaching in motorsport is a safety‑critical learning problem : a system must map noisy, high‑frequency telemetry to short, actionable guidance that remains physically consistent and avoids hazardous recommendations . This paper proposes a “Split‑Brain” training formulation that separates (i) a semantic coaching target (what action/critique should be expressed) from (ii) a reflexive interface (how actions are represented as compact, verifiable tokens). The approach trains a Small Language Model (SLM) in the Gemma family [1] using QLoRA fine‑tuning [2] , and introduces a telemetry tokenizer plus teacher‑student synthesis pipeline to generate instruction‑action pairs at scale. Core contribution: a reproducible method to convert “ golden lap ” differential tel...